From Blue Velvet Vincent - To accept the award, you have to do the following:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10-15 blogs who you think deserve this award.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.
I would like to thank the *ahem* Academy *ahem* a.k.a Blue Velvet Vincent for giving the Stylish Blogger Award to the Madlab Post. I am truly honored to receive this award and would also like to accept it on behalf of all of my readers and fellow Vincent D'Onofrio fans who keep this blog active as he continues to reign as King Dong of April 2011.
All About Me:
1. I used to draw a lot as a kid, was pretty good at it and studied art in high school. While I enjoyed art, I decided to major in film and video production after graduation because I didn't believe that there was a future in fine art. I thought to myself "Artists only make money when they're dead....I want my money now, not later...hmm, Steven Speilberg has money....I know...I'll be a movie director!" I later realized that filmmaking is not the best route for people who want to make money either, so here I am between art and film....trying to figure it all out as I go.
2. When I didn't draw as a kid, I wrote short stories and poetry. I wasn't much of an outdoors type of kid so the typical skateboarding or bicycle riding activities did not interest me. By the age of 15, I had written a full-length screenplay for a feature film.
3. The very first short movie that I made after graduation won an award at one of the domestic film festivals and also got a nice review, which was exciting because it was my first time being in a newspaper....and an out-of-town one at that.
4. I was a high school cheerleader and wish I could go back and repeat it because it was pretty fun. I used to be interested in professional cheerleading until I learned that the NFL, NBA, etc. cheerleaders barely make squat.
5. I'm not a huge sports fan but do watch the Super Bowl and NBA Finals. I figure, there's no reason to waste time watching dozens of games during the season because the teams that matter will be the ones that make it to the championships, so I watch whoever shows up and support one of the teams, depending on whether I like them or not.
6. I designed my own senior prom dress and had it custom made. Today, I wish that I had just picked a dress off of a department store rack to wear.
7. I am currently in development on a television series that will likely air on local public broadcasting station in the northeastern part of the country this summer but it will also be available on YouTube.
The Madlab Post would also like to Pay It Forward by passing this award on to the following A to Z Challenge bloggers who all make up what I call "The Stylish Dozen," in my opinion:
Writercizing is taking the time several times a week to practice the craft of writing through simple exercises.
Random writings on the random thoughts of a mother, wife, former elementary teacher and writer.
I've dabbled in poetry and short stories ever since. Now I'm ready to take the next step and see my babies published.
Satirical critiques of everything from movies to marshmallows.
Reading is Fashionable
Our daily lives revolve around READING in some FASHION or another.
Food and Fond Memories
Hurricane Wilma forced the family into early retirement. I now spend my time making 18K gold jewelry, blogging and writing a cookbook and memoirs.
Inspired by Lisa
I am an aspiring photographer and writer. Striving to improve my skills and have an outlet to share some of my work.
Life, Love and the Pursuit of Publication
Reflections of a creative chica who's hoping to become published.
Little Red Henry
About her: I draw because I can.
Reach for the Sky
A Scorpio who loves life and believe the best is yet to come.
The Write Soil
A blog to practice writing, learn more about the craft and have fun in the process.
The Writer's Cocoon
An author, mom and wife trying to balance it all
I will also publish a future post with a quick blurb on why I selected these particular blogs for the Stylish Blogger Award, to give each blogger some more detailed recognition.
***Pay It Forward in Style: The Stylish Blogger Award video will be released
this week, no later than Friday, April 22, 2011 sometime soon. I'm getting swamped with tasks and it's going to take a little longer than expected.
Stay tuned for your regularly scheduled program at the Madlab Post!