Anyone who’s made a few films by now has lots of funny, astonishing and/or horrific stories that are, for the most part, all in a day’s work. The fact that actors, directors and crew members who make movies have experiences in their line of work that would be abnormal and downright absurd in other industries, is what I find to be kinda interesting.
- Your job interview is for a role position that requires you to either be an active smoker or be willing to smoke. In other words, you are not only expected to smoke on the job, but the company will provide the necessary materials to help you do so.
- Local officials give you permission to close off an entire city street just to record people dancing to Michael Jackson’s “THRILLER.”
- No one calls the cops when you follow a masked man holding an axe who chases another man around a (different) city street.
- Business casual is still overdressed, since the very nature of your working environment allows for attire that is both comfortable, durable – and hopefully – can be put to multiple uses.
- It is highly possible that you will, at some point, break one or several laws (knowingly or unknowingly) on any given workday during the lifespan of the project you’re working on.
What are some of the Zaniest things about YOUR field or profession that might not occur in other industries?