Tuesdays seem to be a lucky day for this blog -- at least since May 2012. Earlier this month, I became the recipient of a One Lovely Blog Award from Tina Downey at Life is Good. Many of you are already familiar with her as a Monday Movie Meme guest on two occasions so far. So, I’m taking this moment to thank Tina, whose favorite film is “Lost in Translation,” for the award and also for enjoying my comments. There are strings attached to the One Lovely Blog Award that recipients are to honor -- rules for accepting the award.
They are as follows:
1. Name and thank the blogger who gave you the award.
2. List 7 facts about yourself
3. Award 15 other bloggers with this award.*
(*I am modifying this one and awarding 7 other bloggers, to match the number of facts that I list)
Here are 7 facts about me that were not mentioned when I received my Stylish Blogger Award, Versatile Blogger Award nor discussed in my Getting to Know Me Q&A session.
1. I once had a paid freelance gig writing about some of my favorite TV shows including “Friday Night Lights.” What initially started as a fun job -- kinda getting paid to watch TV, became less of an entertaining pastime and more of a repetitive chore that caused me to lose interest in watching television.
2. The photos featured in the header of this blog are still images from four different short movies that I made a few years ago. They include a parody, a comedy/drama, an urban drama and a documentary, although, not necessarily in that order.
3. I am a “Hell’s Kitchen” and “MasterChef” fiend and will likely watch anything with Chef Gordon Ramsay in it -- including that “Hotel Hell” show premiering on the Fox network’s Fall 2012 season.
4. I never owned a couch.
5. I accidentally broke just about every dinner plate and cereal bowl that I’ve ever owned, so now, I refuse to buy any ceramic kitchenware.
6. I still don’t get why so many people make a big deal over Moscato. I’ve tasted the regular one and the red one and still think that it’s nothing to be excited about.
7. Sometimes I hate being female -- for more reasons than I care to name here but particularly when shopping for shoes.
Here are 7 Lovely Blogs that I am passing this award to (in no particular order):
1. Blue Velvet Vincent - This blog made a great comeback in 2012, complete with a spiffy redesign and updates on new projects that actor Vincent D’Onofrio is working on.
2. Terrible Analogies - This blog speaks for itself. Lovely in many ways, Terrible Analogies presents readers with attention-grabbing content that makes you want to share the daily goodness with your friends, so they don’t miss it.
3. Random Thoughts - Of all the blogs I read during 2011, this one continues to be the most memorable. It is constantly flooding with activity from the host’s life and that of the blogging community. Sharon K. often shares the love via author profiles, prize drawings and random acts of kindness.
4. The Non-Review - I dare you to leave this satirical blog without laughing. The stuff that the crew behind “The Non-Review” puts together is hilarious.
5. Hollywood Spy - Dezzy is on point with reporting the happenings in and around tinsel town; He keeps a nice balance between his coverage of all genres of film and television. The hypnotically refreshing green color scheme doesn’t hurt either.
6. Sydney Aaliyah - This blog has a versatile routine going on that includes coverage of monthly writing challenges, reflections on living in China for 5 years and blog posts centered on those who read the author’s content. It’s lovely!
7. In a Pursuit of Publishness - A blog that sure knows how to rally readers to get behind what’s cooking up in the literary world, it nurtures interaction through feedback and helps readers consider various possibilities for the direction of their stories.
There you have it. See you guys and gals this weekend!